Automotive Approved Polymers
Plastic Service Centers has a complete line of high performance plastic resins approved for the automotive industry.
The automotive industry uses these approved polymers to make different vehicle hardware parts such as door panels, dashboards, flooring and engine components. Using light weight plastic resins helps reduce the weight of the vehicle, and improve their fuel efficiency.
A 2016 Report of the ESDA found that on average a light vehicle can contain up to 334 pounds of plastics and polymer composites. This is only 8.5% of the total weight of the vehicle and it makes approximately 50% of the total vehicle volume.
These are some of the approved automotive polymers we have available in stock:
- Polypropylene (PP): Used for making car bumpers, gas cans, cable insulation and carpet fibers.
- Polyurethane (PUR): Used insulation panels, seat cushions, suspension brushings, wheels, tires and hard parts.
- ABS: Used in wheel covers, dashboards and other parts.
- NYLON 6-6/6: Used in gears, bearings and weather proof coatings.
- Polystyrene (PS): Used in car fittings and buttons.
- Polyethylene (PE): Used in car bodies.
- Polycarbonate (PC): Used in bumpers.
- PBT: Used to make car door handles, bumpers and carburetor components.
- PET: Used in windshield wiper arms, headlamp retainers, and engine covers.
Our solid relationships with manufacturers and worldwide logistics partners allow us to provide reliable access to the product you need, when and where you need it. Contact us today!